Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

0367 - Monday Means We Didn't Get Enough Sleep

Happy Monday Everyone!  I am sure you are all just as sleepy and exhausted as I am but its time to get back to the grind, be it either work or school so I wish you all the best this week.

Two tracks for you today, the first from Madeon.  Known mostly for Pop Culture, his massive mashup, Madeon has been branching out into some different sounds and this is one I really really like.  Taking a very chill approach, You're On features some very relaxing and driving tones with a great combination of chill vocals.  Its funky in the sense that it moves fluidly, but no where near as funky as song number 2!

Supermans Feinde brings us a really funky track called Shine, filled with all the necessary elements of an amazing funk tracks.  A little dash of vocals, a nice big driving bass, and HORNS!  I LOVE ME SOME HORNS.  But really they bring such a fluid and beautiful sound to funk music and I think that may be why I have been so drawn to Funk the past few years.  Give it a listen and let me know what you think!

Madeon - You're On

Supermans Feinde - Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment