Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

0368 - 2nd Place Gets 1st

So recently This Song is Sick hosted a remix contest of ODESZA's track Say My Name and the winners have just been announced and the remixes are amazing.  You can listen to the original below if you have not heard it yet.  Its a very chilled out track that  keeps up with vocal sampling and great mixed tonality.  I am only going to share my favorite remix here but if you want the full list you can find it on this song is sick's website Here.

The winner was the remix from The Geek X Vrv and it really does a great job of keeping the mellow tones, but my favorite was the 2nd place recipient, the Luke Shay Remix.  This one completely transforms the feeling of the track while keeping the same tonality and bumping it up a notch to a more House feel.  I abosolutely love the ideas of these remix contests, no matter if the winner recieves a prize or not, because you really do get some of the most original tracks and artists that emerge.

ODESZA - Say My Name

ODESZA - Say My Name (Luke Shay Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment