Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

0362 - Welcome Back!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and weekend!  So this weekend marked the last home game for Ohio State, and as many of you know they employ me to DJ their dance parties.  Most of the music is not songs I am in love with but it has changed how I view this music.  It doesn't matter that I hate it, what matters is that someone loves it.  Music is all about power, emotion, and standing up on that stage and seeing how people react to big room or top 40 had me in smiles.  It has made me so happy and I am blessed to have had the opportunity.

Lets kick the day off with a just overall good feeling electro track.  Pheeno gives us Open Up, a track that on first listen seems to be all over the place, but after another it all meshes together.  It has very smooth melodic sequences with very glitchy sounds mixed in.  Very happy, very unique, and a phenomenal way to kick off the sad return of Monday.

Numero Dos is a strange Trance/Prog House hybrid track.  From MOGUAI, this one features many aspects of both genres, including classic trance tonality and the progressive house build up structure.  Its a very cool track, one that usually sways entirely toward one genre or another and this one seems to take the best of both to combine them into a really sweet track.  A great way to get this long week underway!

Pheeno - Open Up

MOGUAI - K I X S

No comments:

Post a Comment