Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

0440 - Post-Ultra

I hope some of you got to watch some Ultra sets over the weekend because they were phenomenal, however they came with plenty of controversy that I would like to address here for a little while.  I am not going to speak anything bad about the music they produce, because even though Krewella, Steve Aoki, and David Guetta may have "performed", they still make good music.  That action pisses me off though, the fact that DJs will prerecord sets, not even turn on controllers, or even forget to plug their equipment in.  Music is meant to be enjoyed and people are paying to hear it done live, otherwise what is the difference from sitting at my desk with headphones on?  I love to see people like Kygo (even though he only got 10 minutes of stream time) who play their stuff live on keyboards and drum kits.  Oh well, guess there will always be those who slip by.

Today's track is more of a list, I recently found it while browsing Imgur.  This is a master list of all the best mashups, and holy shit does it have a lot.  It would take me hours to rave about all of these, so instead I'll just touch on some of my favorites and let you listen to the whole list.

Find the list here: Master Mashup List

My personal favorite is a mashup of Earth, Wind, and Fire and Daft Punk called September Love.  Groovy while keeping both songs intact, this mashup is gold and I wish there were more like it!

Earth, Wind, and Fire x Daft Punk - September Love

No comments:

Post a Comment