Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2016

0689 - Gareth Emery Album Feature

I know Friday is usually for Funk, but I wanted to share some really great tracks from a new album that you all should check out if you haven't already (there will be a bonus funk post this weekend).  Gareth Emery has had me hooked since Sanctuary and Concrete Angel years ago, so seeing a new album had me excited, and let me tell you that it does not disappoint in the slightest.  I'll highlight some of my favorites off the album here.
The first track that caught my attention was Lost featuring Janet Devlin, this is a really beautiful track with vocals that are far better than most you hear these days.  The synergy between Emery and Devlin is stellar, and makes for one of the best tracks I have heard all year.
Another of my favorites off the album is Sansa, named for his daughter.  This one is so beautifully melodic and got in my soul so quickly, that I couldn't not put it on this list!  For sure a beautiful track and worth your time without a doubt!
The Story So Far has the best melodic and tonal sequences of any song on this album, and really any song I have heard in some time.  The whole album is killer but this one really got in my head and in my head.  The sequences are so well done and feel so fluid and natural, not to mention the ambiance noise that really gives it a feel of intensity!
Really though, the entire album is amazing and worth a listen and you can check it out here: 100 Reasons to Live

Gareth Emery - Lost feat. Janet Devlin

Gareth Emery - Sansa

Gareth Emery - The Story So Far

No comments:

Post a Comment