Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

0219 - Funky Recovery

I got thc chance to see Axess, Paris Blohm, and Tritonal at The Bluestone in Columbus last night and let me tell you, it was one of the best shows I have ever been to.  It was not super packed, but it was full to the point where you could feel the energy wherever you turned.  Actually had room to dance, and had a damn fine time doing it!  All three of them were incredible and are definately on my radar, but I have to say I was most surprised by Paris Blohm.  I didn't know anything about his music and now I cant get his performance out of my head!  Isn't live music just the best?

Onto 2xFunky Friday though, because I am sore and need some great funk tracks to chillax to and I am sure since the weekend is here and most finals are over that you do too!

The first one up for today is Neptune Safari with the Funk LeBlanc Remix of their track Morning Sun.  This one is funky, chill, relaxing, and just the perfect wake up song.  Its driving but the presence of the bass is minimal compared to the vocals and driving tonality throughout the track.  Start here then continue on!

Neptune Safari - Morning Sun (feat. Clara La San) (Funk LeBlanc Remix)


The next beauty I have for your ears is a bit of background funk but listening to it with a clear mind really leads to feeling of inner beauty, flight, and just overall happiness.  Fly by Uppermost has a great sound that just seems to carry you away, its a bit heavy but just enough to still feel like it was actually composed.  Don't miss this one!

Uppermost - Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment