Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

0175 - Five Days of Funk

Today marks the beginning of Funk Week!  A week celebrating new and the best in the Funk genre, the usual week labels will not apply this week (no mashups/bangers) but I will still do my best to make as much of it free as possible!  Two songs a day for 5 days, so thats a damn good week right there.

First up is song that combines all the best elements of chill and funk.  A great and chill intro moving quickly into a bouncy and very funky track.  This one is my favorite off the EP which you can pick up for free!  Check it out!

Rhodz - Boogie Pls! (Free EP Here!)

Also on the docket for today is a really funky and fresh swing track with a very impressive dance from the guys over at Take Some Crime, one of my favorite youtube dance channels.  They are the ones who really got me into the genre, and the dance moves combine perfectly with the horns and old time feel to the track.  Check out the dance skills and the funky ass beat and let me know what you think!

Jamie Berry - Sweet Rascal



No comments:

Post a Comment