Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

0195 - Ultra was Ultra (Updated 11:10 AM)

I hope you all caught some of the live streams from ultra that were being played all weekend because some incredible tracks were played and some very confusing actions took place.

First of all, Deadmau5 dropped an old mcdonald remix....I was literally speechless because I was so "WHAT ON EARTH IS HE DOING".  Overall though, some great sets were played.  My favorites were prolly from Hardwell, Armin Van Buren, Afrojack, Jack U, and Danny Avila (who I had never heard of before).  I will let you know when these sets become available because they are usually available for download very recently after the festival is over.  Armin's set is actually the first available and you can listen to it if you missed it here.  No mashup today as I didn't really find anything worthy of sharing.

First up is the video of Armin's set at Ultra. 45minutes pure happiness, great music, and burning jealousy that I couldn't be there myself.
Armin Van Buren Ultra 2014

UPDATE: Jack U (the new combination of Skrillex and Diplo just released their live set and it was pretty kick ass, check it out!

Second up is a something cool and new from Monstercat.  Did you know they have a podcast now?  No talk, a straight hour of music that will be coming out weekly (it seems).  They are already in their second week and let me tell you, it is a fantastic and pretty expertly chosen hour of music.  Check it out and see how it compares to your other podcasts!
Monstercat Podcast Ep. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment