Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

0192 - Carousel Kills It

I went to see my friend Kevin and his incredible group Carousel at The Basement with my good friend from college last night.  The opener wasn't bad and the headliner was pretty ok, but Carousel killed it.  They played stuff from their new EP and then dropped a surprisingly incredible cover of Drake's Hold On, We're Going Home.  I know today is usually bangers, and in my opinion, Carousel are the heavy hitters of this this genre.  So here are my two favorite songs off their new EP, available for $3.99 on iTunes.

Wolf's awake is my favorite track off this album.  Its just everything you want in a chill electro track.  Perfect levels of synths with great guitar and vocals flawlessly entwined into it.  Give it a listen and get hooked on this duo!
Carousel - Wolf's Awake

Another day is easily one of my favorite Carousel songs as well.  Its super chill with real catchy tonal progression, and the lyrics are really beautifully woven into the rhythms.  The video is cool, showing the power of imagination and what a little girl sees while playing with her dolls.  Check it out!

Carousel - Another Day

No comments:

Post a Comment