Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

0139 - Finally Funky

The weekend is almost here, and good lord do we all need it.  This week has been cold, long, and just plain ridiculous in terms of everything and anything.  Thankfully, as I have always believed, music can heal and turn a mood around in just a few minutes.  Thats what Funk does for me on Fridays, makes me relax and forget all the horrible shit that happened during the week, I hope it works for you as well!

The first track I have for you today is a live remix of an already awesome song.  Not Coming Down by Candyland is a cool song by itself, but then Boney gets his hands on it and throws down a live remix with saxophone that is just about as smooth and sexy as is humanly possible.  The video documents all the instruments that he plays and let me tell you, this kid is really talented.  Its incredible how young the stars of this genre are these days.  Enjoy the Boney Remix of Not Coming Down by Candyland!

I also have a big new track from MAKJ.  I had never heard of MAKJ before finding this track, but if the rest of his stuff is anything like it then I will for sure have more of it for you.  This one is called Mad Max, and it seems a bit themed around the classic movie with a mix of incredible tonality, drops, and a few race-car sounds thrown in there as well.  Enjoy the track and pick it up for free by following the soundcloud link.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Not Coming Down (Live Boney Remix) - Candyland feat. Zak Waters

MAKJ - MAD MAX

No comments:

Post a Comment