Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

0640 - Bad Bounce Thursday

Welcome to a new themed day that I'm expecting to happen about once a month.  I call it Bad Bounce Thursday.  Usually on this blog I post songs I love, music I'm passionate about, but I figure every once in a while I need to rant about songs I don't like that bug me.  Today's topic: Melbourne Bounce.  True, some of it can be done really well, and I know this boils down to personal preference, but most of it honestly I think is trash.  So lets explore some bad bounce!

First up is Shake 'Em by Vikstrom.  I honestly liked the tonality at the beginning of this one, but once the vocals came in "Shake Them Titties and Let's Get Fucked" I was done.  Just gave up entirely, I can't take songs seriously with a vocal sample like that.  Also the drop could have hit so much harder, but it comes off as so simplistic.  Just a let down of a song that I think had potential.

Second up is a track from Benny Bubblez (are you serious?) and Releiv called Let's Fuck Step Side.  I had no confidence in the track from the title, so coming in I wasn't too disappointed.  During the first minute of the song I thought I had 2 songs playing at the same time, it just sounds so off and confusing.  After the conflicting start it drops super simple, and at a totally different volume.  The vocals just don't sound like they belong here at all.  Just another bad bounce song.

Vikstrom - Shake 'Em

Benny Bubblez & Releiv - Let's Fuck Step Side

No comments:

Post a Comment