Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

0347 - Month 2 Feat. Drum and Bass

Welcome to the start of month 2 in the new series I am starting.  The chill relaxing month seemed to go really well so I am very excited to announce November's category, Drum and Bass.  I figure we should go a completely opposite direction from the last one in order to try a new experience.  So how this goes is I will list my top 5 from this category and keep it pinned to the Facebook page (Facebook group is here) and I want all of you to either make your own lists on that link or just comment with a great song that fits into the Drum and Bass category!  Lets get to the list

5. Noisia - The Tide
Dark, creepy, and just overall intense, The Tide freaks me out in a good way.  This one is really crazy, especially with the really long intro that features one of the creepiest voices that I have ever heard on a track.  Its fast, intense, and very in your face.  Overall a great track though!


4. Day One - White City
Ever since I heard this one it has been near the top of my list.  Its just a very feel good song with great deep vocals and excellent tonality throughout the entire song. 

3. Tristam & Braken - Frame of Mind
I absolutely love this track.  It just struck me from the beginning.  It has stelar vocals, playing into the fast paced rhythms and mixing together extremely well.  This one just always makes me feel really good too, like it is inspiring change.


2.  Fox Stevenson - All This Time
This song has had my attention since the first time I heard of Fox Stevenson earlier this year.  He has such a great way with molding tracks to be exactly unique to his own sound and I have since fallen a bit obsessed with his every release.  

1.  Pendulum - The Island Part 1 and 2
Pendulum was one of my first heavy electronic music influences.  It takes me back to high school, sitting in my friend David's basement surrounded by hookah, magic the gathering, pool, and video games while listening to this album.  Part 1 is very energetic and melodic and then Part 2 comes in and turns everything on its head in a completely creative and unexpected way.  This is still my favorite track after all these years mostly because of the sheer amazing construction of the duo, and also because it throws me back to a time where friends and good music were prevalent nearly every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment