Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2014

0353 - Beautiful Fallout

Today is all about beauty in music.  It may not be heavy and in your face but good lord is it absolutely amazing.  In the past I've called it background music, and its usually what I listen to while working or at home while trying to relax and collect myself.  The first is called Flora from Rocket Science and it just inspires such a feeling of peace and tranquility.  It also helps that the silloutte of Calvin and Hobbes is in the video for this song, just taking me back to my childhood and loving every second of it.  Kick up your feet, close your eyes, and let this track take you away.

Last Island has been on my radar ever since their remix of Porter Robinson's Fresh Static Snow (Find it here Post #0333) and this original that they bring to the table is really something special.  The Next really features some great tonality, kinda reminding me of an old 90s computer game like Midnight Rescue or something like that in space (I can't remember the game but it had talking stars) and really flows well.  Give it a listen!

Last track for today is a really beautiful and calming drum and bass track (I know those words are usually contradictory but.............stay with me, I promise this works).  Its great and driving but still maintains the usual chill themes, and catches you by surprise.  Usually DnB means in your face but this one just meshes the two genres together so incredibly well that it is up there in my favorites for chill tracks this month.  Feint, who usually is on Monstercat and known for his heavy hitters, really changes the game and perspective with this one.

Rocket Science - Flora

Last Island - The Next

Dabin - Embers (Feint Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment