Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

0447 - Drum and Face

Today we focus on Drum and Bass, the genre that got me into electronic music.  Pendulum was my first, and I really hope there is never a last.  I recently found two songs that got me really excited about the genre again.  The first is Virtual Reality by T.R.P.Y. & Far Lands.  This one I would qualify as happy Drum and Bass because the energy is so high through the whole song it uses really only high pleasing tones.  Has a great bass, adding the perfect amount to the track without smothering it.  Second up on this Drum filled Friday is a track from A Himitsu called Smile.  The beginning of this track threw me, as it comes off very cute and seemed to be going nowhere.  When the drums came in though I got excited, great synth work and chill pitching make this one a really relaxing Drum and Bass song.  Adding in some great piano as well, this one is for sure worth your time!

T.R.P.Y. & Far Lands - Virtual Reality

A Himitsu - Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment