Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2015

0458 - Bizzare Invades of Your Favorite Genre

First up today is a really unique track from Robokid called Helix.  The track took me a while to peg down because it has so many elements of so many other genres.  I'm pretty sure its DnB but it also sounds like Prog House, Electro, and a lot of other genres.  Its very happy and upbeat with a nice big bass that keeps an amazing flow throughout the entire track.  A very good an happy track that helped me get through a busy morning!
Special shout to my buddy Hunter for finding this track, it is one that I have heard but never known what it was.  The Matoma Remix of The Notorious BIG and Ja Rule's track Old Thing Back.  This song is the perfect mix of what electronic music and rap combinations could be, something amazing.  Great Tropical House vibes mixed some amazing rap, I hope to see more like this because I love the cross genre work between these two.

Robokid - Helix

The Notorious BIG feat. Ja Rule - Old Thing Back (Matoma Remix)



No comments:

Post a Comment