Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

0557 - Trop Hip Hop

So I have been doing a lot of research into rap/tropical house remixes lately, mostly because the party I'm djing on Saturday is Tropical themed (which means I get to mix tropical house!).  I have found some really great stuff, and wanted to share a few of them with you all.  The first remix comes from Matoma, who really seems to have a talent with this kind of genre.  Taking Ice Cube's Hello and Notorious B.I.G.'s Party & Bullshit with a tropical rhythm really make for a slick track.  The rap is classic, the beats are tropical, and my ears are happy!
Second up is the Henry Land remix of 2Pac's Still Ballin and Eminem's Soldier into a really fucking great remix.  Seriously, this one flows so well it seems like it was made this way originally.  Especially the lyrics from Soldier mesh so well with the tropical tones, but really the whole track is gold.  Give it a listen!
Ice Cube vs. Notorious B.I.G. - Hello vs. Party & Bullshit (Matoma Remix) 

2Pac - Still Ballin vs. Eminem - Soldier (Henry Land Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment