Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

0106 - Short Week, Big Songs

          Thanksgiving week is finally upon us!  A week of short work and school weeks, family, football, and celebration.  This means that it is already wednesday for most of you! (or thursday for those done on tuesday!)  I hope that you all have plans for this day, and if you don't, then reach out and help someone who may not have the opportunity to see their family for the holiday.  Quick story, that is what happened to me last year.  I was waiting tables at a new job and had to work thanksgiving day, so I was stuck in Delaware, Ohio while my entire family was in Michigan.  I was devastated, and very sad about this unfortunate situation.  Thankfully a local fraternity brother who worked at the same restaurant reached out and suggested I join his family for Thanksgiving.  I was overjoyed just to be around people, and not spending it alone in a room with microwave food and too much beer.  It made all the difference in my life, and I hope that this inspires you to do the same.  It was such a small gesture but went such a long way and I can't thank Preston and his family enough for that.
          Even though it is a short week, it is still technically Monday which means mashup day is back once again.  Today's mashup I first heard on Hype Machine, a website devoted to streaming some of the best new original songs and popular remixes of those songs.  With a play as you browse tool, you never have to worry about the song stopping because you want to search something else.  Dada Life is one of the first live acts I saw in terms of electronic music, and they blew me away.  Seriously, their music was mind blowing and likely one of the reasons I am where I am today.  This remix is god damn incredible, seriously a great dubstep mix with the awesome power that comes behind Dada Life's original.  Have a great night and I will see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment