Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

098 - Finding the Hidden Gems

Finding music for this blog I have to listen to a lot of songs.  Well I guess I shouldn't say that I have to, I get to, but what this really means is that I listen to dozens of songs daily that all sound so generic and exactly the same in order to find one that I love and can share with you all.  I subscribe to 7 or 8 Youtube music channels, check 3 or 4 blogs, go to Beatport, and go just about anywhere I can find.  Surprisingly, the ones that I like the best are the small ones.  The channels/websites that have videos with small amount of views usually yield the best and worst tracks, while the big ones all seem to be consistent and honestly that gets boring from time to time.  Its all about patience, perseverance, and the faith that you will find that one track that makes all the bad ones worth it.

Also, Traktor Pro 2 is a bit more challenging than anticipated.  It may take me a bit longer then anticipated to get this mix out for you all but I assure you, its being made about as fast as I can!

This one comes from one of those little known channels that I follow.  Like Armada, this is one of the channels that produces a lot of really generic stuff, but every once in a while a track comes out that blows my mind.  Enzo Daren is a musician that I honestly do not know that much about, and this is the first track I have heard by him, but it will not be the last.  This track has just about everything that you could want in a good banger; great progression, impressive tonality, catchy melody, a nice build, and a drop that is well deserved.  Honestly this seems to be the direction that Big Room needs to return to because I am so tired of going onto Beatport and finding seven of the top 10 songs in every category to be just utter crap. Check it out below and I will see you all back here tomorrow!
Enzo Darren - Nola

No comments:

Post a Comment