Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

091 - Different Sides Collide

Mashup Monday is back in full swing and I am very excited to be back.  Hope you all had a great weekend because HOOO boy do I have some news to share with all of you.

So this past weekend I went to Sugoicon in Cincinatti, an annual gaming and anime convention.  It was awesome, my friends DJ XMFD and DJ Retox played the raves, I went to some panels, saw some friends, and had a damn great time.  The most exciting news though is that apparently at one of the smaller raves that happens throughout the year, DJs are scarce, especially because their only 2 last time cancelled on them.  My convention friend Zerker (for the record he is the one who is involved in the Sleeping Samurai, the mock fighting group where the DJ sword battle (can be found on youtube) was shot, and the one who let me mix my first live set in the same room) knows the people who run it.  Apparently they need serious DJs who have no chance of backing out and he said he may be able to get my name in the mix!  HOLY SHIT.  This is like a dream come true, Zerker, I don’t know if you are reading this but I love you and would honestly kill for this opportunity.  If it pans out, more details to come in the future, if not, its not the end of the world.  Anyway, best moment of the convention was at the rave Friday night where a guy dressed as Jesus was showing off some pretty sweet dance moves and the whole crowd was chanting, “JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!”


Alright, lets get to the music for the day.  The mashup that I chose for today is one which is a bit different.  The combination of Wolfgang Gartner and Bob Marley is one that no one could have ever seen coming because they are on opposite sides of the music world, but Flikhou5 somehow made it work.  This mashup works works incredible well with the chilling vocals of Marley and the synchronized build and drop matching the vocals by Gartner.  Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment