Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

093 - Beatport Has Failed Me

So this morning, like I do every few days, I went to Beatport to listen to the top 10 tracks in my favorite genres: House, Prog. House, Electronic House, and Deep House.  I could not be more frustrated with teh results that I found today.  Ok, I know that I have already taken a Soap Box here about Big Room but this is getting a bit out of hand.  They all seem great, have a nice build up, and then just seems to stop trying entirely.  There are maybe a handful of Big Room that I can tolerate, let alone play and share with other people.  In order to find good music though, you have to sift through all of this crap until you find the one song that makes it all worth it.  Today I found two such songs.

First is a song that I had a bit of an eargasm the first time I listened to it.  Just the prime example of how Progressive House can be done correctly, as opposed to Big Room Progressive which seems to be becoming a thing.  True, the drop is simplistic, but it has melodic tones and progression that really caught me off guard.  This track from Deorro is not to be missed, especially if you are a big Progressive fan.  (this has been added to the list for my first mix methinks)


The second track is a song that I can not really pinpoint why I like it.  Its strange in so many ways.  It has a house feel, a moomba feel, and a slow DnB feel all kinda mixed into one eclectic song, but it hits me in a very good way.  Its not a Banger in the sense that it would be on the Radio and loved by everyone who hears it, this track is obviously not going to be loved by everyone who hears it.  The first time I did, it sounded like way too much in one space, but the more I have listened to it, the more it makes sense.  Spinnin' Records is usually very hit or miss with my tastes, and this one by Showtek is a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment