Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

050 - Special Request: Workout Free Friday

Free is Awesome, Everyone knows that.  I have had a special request for today's post, so I will fulfill it with pleasure.  Electronic music keeps me going, keeps my heart racing, my head bobbing, and want to share it with everyone.  So by this logic it makes sense that the kind of music shared here on this blog is great workout music.  One of my friends has asked for a list of songs that are great to work out to and can also be found and downloaded for free.  I have done my best to come up with a solid list, even tested a few of them out on a run.  Hope you enjoy them and let me know if you have recomendations for more lists like this! Also I inserted what type of workout I would use the song for (cardio, weights, etc.) Links are for download and streaming.
(Songs are listed in no particular order/ranking)
1. Zedd - Into the Lair - Though pretty short, this is one of my favorites to run to.  Keeps your heartbeat up, feet in motion, just feels natural to power through this one and push up the tempo.
2. Mord Fustang - If You Want - This just feels like a song to lift weights to.  Constant tempo that keeps the confidence up and doesn't overwhelm.
3. Grant Lazlo - Jericho - Honestly not sure where I would put this song, all depends on your view on electro swing.  Could work anywhere
4. Pegboard Nerds - Disconnected - Perfect for anything and everything.  One of my favorite songs right now (very likely to show up in the mix I am working on fyi!)
5. Madeon - The City - I like this song for lifting, its got a great small break in the middle and then picks right back up.  Great for your rest and then go straight into the next set!
All of these are just my opinions and all are actually on my list of songs that I work out to.  Hope you enjoy your weekend, see you right back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment