Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

064 - The World is Our Playground

If you listened to radio show frequently, you know that I am a sucker for progressive house.  The build really speaks to me musically, and adding layer by layer really helps me to break down the song and really get completely enveloped by it.  I stumbled on this song while catching up on at least of month of activity from This Song is Sick (a great website for new up-and-comers in hip hop and electronic), and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since.  The lyrics are very well written, and the message they send is one of grave importance to the people of our generation: You can do anything you want, the world is your playground.  This song really speaks to me and I honestly can not wait to mix with it when I have the money saved up for my mixer (hopefully in the next few weeks!).  DJVice is for sure a DJ that I will be looking into for both his future and past work as I hope this song is reflective of his musical talent.  I can easily see this making it to clubs and to raves, and if not then live sets that I perform in the near future! (none are set up yet but stay posted!)
064 - Vice - The World is Our Playground



BONUS
Also, due to a request from a friend I have been asked to find the best remix of Ylvis "What does the Fox Say?".  First of all let me applaud Ylvis, because the song did exactly what they wanted it to.  Not only did they write the song as something horrible that they knew was horrible, but they produced it in a way that caught the attention of EVERYONE.  The guys of Ylvis have a talk show in Sweden and this video and song were done in order to promote the song.  Based on all the publicity the song has been getting, I would say that they did exactly what they set out to do.  But let me say, I hate this song now.  After listening to painful remix after painful remix, I finally stumbled upon one that was decent (mainly because it didn't have those damn noises in the chorus/drop).  So Chris, you are welcome, but this song is forever removed from life after this.  The remix is nothing spectacular, but its halfway decent (and apparently done in a very short period of time).
064.5- Ylvis - The Fox (Endjui Remix)


No comments:

Post a Comment