Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

061 - Don't Ever Stop

Mondays are rough, for real.  Before into today's song, I want to talk about something.

Over the weekend, my friend Chris challenged me to find a tolerable remix of "What the Fox Say" by Ylvis, which slowly caused me to loose both my sanity and my threshold for that song.  I will likely post the song as an add on to either Tuesday's or Thursday's song because I would never subject you all to just that song, but that is not the point that I am looking to make.  In my search, it blew me away how many people had taken one particular remix, and reposted it as their own, generally with few ( the only one that had a change was a small change in speed) to no changes.  Are people really that desperate for attention that they are willing to steal someone's remix and claim it as their own?  Say it gets big, and the community wants more...what then? steal more remixes from little known DJs?  Lie your way to the top only to get called out by such an insignificant community that it doesn't matter?  No one that I know has performed music theft to this degree (thank god) but this kind of activity really makes me sick.  Music is all about taking your own twist on a song through a remix, not stealing another person's work.  Thankfully the people of youtube and soundcloud have been putting these stolen remixes out in open through comments and the posters remain silent.  I hope that this continues and that people who steal music and put their own name on it get weeded out and put on public display.

I may start a rant like this once a week, not sure when though.  I have one about rap music too, not sure when I can get it down though.

OK.  Onto the music!  Today's mashup comes to us from J Flash with a very good remix of Calling by Sebastian Ingrosso and Don't Stop Believing by Journey.  They are mixed very well together and flow with the significance of an original song.  I hope you enjoy it, and see you back here tomorrow for the next track!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment