Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

052 - Love this Town

A lot of people assume that just because I was an electronic music dj and run a blog regarding the same music, that this is all I like to listen to.  YOU WOULD BE WRONG GOOD SIR.  I enjoy alternative rock, punk rock, electronic (of course), and a few dashes of rap.  Not the crap that you hear on the radio, but mostly rap that resembles the origins of the genre.  Songs and rappers that talk about issues and actual things that are interesting to me, not the crap about women, cars, and money.  Macklemore is the perfect popular representation of this ideal, he talks about where he grew up, his childhood, and everything that matters in his life.  If you all you have heard is his stuff on the radio, check out his other songs, he really is a very talented artist.  The Town is an excellent song, and you should check out the original if you have time, and this remix by Sabzi provides a very nice acoustic sounding electronic back to the lyrics.  Sit back, put on some headphones, shut your eyes, and let the song take you away.  Also, thanks to my sister Mary for showing me this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment