Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

0108/0109 - So I'm an Idiot

So I hope everyone had a excellent thanksgiving, I spent most of it in Ann Arbor Michigan with my mom's side of the family.  Sadly the internet wasn't great and I decided to spend it with my family, hence the lack of posts  However, I am also a big idiot.  While I was home for all of 24hrs in Cleveland, I decided I would work on my mix.  I set everything up, worked for about 3 hours at 2am.  Then I got up the next morning, went to lunch with my little cousins, and left for Columbus...3 guesses and the first 2 don't count, where did I leave my mixer?  On my bed...in Cleveland.  Thankfully the mix is all set up, cues are done and all that jazz, and I have a rough recording, just not one that is up to the standard I want it to be.  So, unless my parents come down to visit a day (which they are talking about doing), this mix may be a christmas present from me to you.

Well its time once again to play catch up (and I promise you this will likely happen over new years too, because I am going somewhere for a week with no internet, cell service, connection to the outside world).  So here are 2 tracks to get back on track.  The first is a funky upbeat dance track from Kappa and Drahosh called All Good.  Its upbeat and makes you want to dance, kind of a more moomba version of electro swing, its hard to explain, you just have to hear it!

Kappa & Drahosh - All Good

The second track is a DnB track from Rameses B.  Rameses is easily my favorite DnB artist from Monstercat, always producing something special.  These tracks always have a lot of buzz to them and always end up in my favorites list or top played in iTunes.  The beginning starts off very reminiscent of hte opening track from Kingdom Hearts, and maybe that is what drew me to this song.  Then it starts to evolve and kicks off with some stellar vocals from Veela, who also did the song Bloodlip for monstercat, one of my favorites off this label of all time.  Give it a listen and enjoy!

Ramses B. feat. Veela - Timeless



No comments:

Post a Comment