Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

0125 - The Funkmass Cheer

Funky Friday is here at long last once again.  God damn if this isn't my favorite day to share music.  The reason that this one is coming in so late is because I have been at the house of my good friend DJ XMFD mixing and getting tips for just about everything and anything when it comes to mixing music.  But i could never forget you, so here is your daily dose of music for the day!

This track feels very "speak easy", "bootlegger", and old timey, and I think a modern sounding version of this one would feel boring.  The addition of horns and instrumental interludes really sold me on this one and it has been sitting in my playlist just waiting for you.  Ya know, now that I listed to it while writing this post it reminds me a lot of the movie Aladin as well....Throw this remix by Gramophonedzie on and dance into the weekend because everyone deserves this time off before the holidays.

The Young Punx - Kowloon Kickback (Gramophonedzie Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment