Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

0123 - Learning to Count the Beats

The title of this post is relevant I promise.  Currently I am trying to learn the process of beatmatching by ear.  This is the process of being able to mix songs flawlessly without the aid of beat markers or counters, and doing it all by ear.  Much different than Virual DJ ( the program I used for a long time), the Traktor program that came with my mixer does not have these beat numbers so I am in the process of learning to match by ear.  This process is very challenging but it is also a whole lot of fun, if you haven't learned how to do this I recommend it highly because it makes listening to music and mixing it a much more interactive and enjoyable experience.
But hey, thats something you will all get to hear when my mix drops very soon!  I am getting my mixer back today, so it should be out sooner rather than later. :)
Double Banger Wednesday, one thats brand new and one with a little experience under its belt, but both incredible tracks.

The first one I have for you today is the new one off of The Glitch Mob's upcoming album, one that I am really excited for.  If you haven't heard their stuff, you need to do it RIGHT NOW.  Seriously, everything I have heard is incredible and I can't get it out of my head (We Can Make the World Stop was in my head for months).  This new one is nothing different, an incredible track which is a tease to what is sure to be an incredible album when Feb. 11th comes around.  Enjoy the track, and you can get it for free if you pre-order the album before the release.

I also have a throwback banger that I hope none of you missed and you all remember.  This one is off Spinnin' Records, a label that seriously packs a lot of punch.  You usually can't go wrong throwing on a playlist of their music and listening to the greats along with a handful of talented new artists on the rise.  This track by Basto is one that seriously got to me, I like to think its songs like this that really got me into the idea of sharing music with those who will listen.  Progressive House is still my favorite genre and this is for sure in my top list of songs that fall under that category.  Check out the track below and I will see you all back here tomorrow for some more music!

The Glitch Mob - Can't Kill Us

Basto - Again and Again

No comments:

Post a Comment