Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

073 - Twin Bangers

For the first time since I have started this blog, I have a massive backlog of music.  Literally 2 playlists with 30+ songs in each, so I have decided that all the rest of this week is going to be double week.  Double bangers today, two more songs on thursday, and at least two free tracks on friday.  I have had a bit of time and have been going through a lot of songs lately, so I want to share them all with my loyal listeners and first timers as well!

This first banger is one that comes to us from the King of mainstream bangers these days, Avicii.  This is one of his older songs, Fade Into Darkness, and this remix came out a while ago but old stuff can be just as good as new.  This is one of the few times with Avicii where I like the remix better than the original (the only other is with Levels, because there are about 10 great remixes of that track).  It gives it a very House feel with a lot going on at once, but Albin Myers brings it together near flawlessly.  How do you think this stacks up to the original? (trying to facilitate some discussion going in the comments).

The next banger for the day comes from Spinnin' Records (a staple in the genres this blog specializes in), and they have once again put out something that I am a little sad I found 2 years after its release.  I have heard the original version of Spencer & Hill's track "Believe It", and wrote it off because I wasn't really that impressed with it.  While compiling some playlists I came across this remix that slipped through the cracks in my music.  I am so glad I found this remix by Cazzette because I can't stop listening to it.  The chord progression during the build blows my mind and mixes nicely into the drop.  Enjoy it and I will see you back for a double dose on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment