Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

078 - Full Album Funk

Banger Wednesday!  Today I have two very exciting things to share with you all!

The first is a truly incredible track shared by my good friend DJ XMFD, who I have mentioned and never introduced (sorry dude).  For those of you that don't know him, he is an incredibly talented DJ out of my former home town in Cleveland Ohio.  He has incredible talent mixing music, and is a regular on the Convention-Rave circut.  I know he is a frequent reader of this bog (sorry for sharing so much music you gave me, but its all too good!), and you should check him out on soundcloud (Check DJ XMFD's Soundcloud Here!).  He shared a track the other day that quite literally blew my mind, and I can not think of a better example of what a perfect Banger is.  Deorro is fairly new on the scene, and most things I have heard from him have been pretty good, everything has at least been above the average.  THIS ONE THOUGH, is seriously one of the best tracks I have heard in months.  From the first note, the track is different, and hooks intrigue with a surprising initial build.  Progressive has been my favorite sub-genre since I heard Nicky Romero's track Camorra some years ago, and this does the genre DAMN proud.  Take a listen and prepare yourself, because there is no way you are ready for this.

The second piece of music I bring you today is straight from one of the funkiest artists around today, GRiZ.  Today he dropped his new LP which is full of tracks that get your blood flowing with a voracity that is rarely seen in music today.  The amount of soul and funk that he infuses into this album is seriously mind-blowing.  The album is a nice combination, covering all ends of the spectrum for funk, soul, and electro as a whole.  The best part?  You can pick it up right now. FOR FREE.  Seriously, even if you aren't a fan of these genres in electro music, or you have never heard of Future Funk or Electro Soul, give this album a try because I have been listening to it pretty much non stop ever since I woke up about 3 hours ago (even quietly at work because I can't bring myself to turn it off) and I could listen to it all day.  It looks like the download will only be for about a week until the album is released SO PICK IT UP ASAP.  My favorite song so far off the album is either Gettin' Live that was release about 6 months ago, or Simple feat. Floozies.  What do you think of the album?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment